Update 9:08 a.m. 2/27/2020 — Escambia County, AL Sheriff Heath Jackson confirms one juvenile arrested so far for the social media threats. Investigation continues.
ESCAMBIA COUNTY, Ala. (WKRG) — The Escambia County School District is investigating threats made on social media about “students and administrators at Escambia County Middle School.”
In a Facebook post, school officials say the sheriff’s department as well as the Atmore Police Department are looking into the “threatening post.”
Deputies and police will be on site at Escambia County Middle School Thursday to “provide security and support,” and “school personnel will have additional safety measures in place.”
Anyone with information about the social media posts is asked to call the school at 251-368-9105, the sheriff’s Department at 251-867-0304 or the Atmore Police Department at 251-368-9141.
- FBI investigating reported assault on Black man in Indiana
- Gulf Coast Hot Air Balloon Festival canceled due to COVID-19 concerns
- CAREN Act: San Francisco ordinance would charge Karens who call 911 over racial bias
- US sets single-day record for new coronavirus cases with over 60,000
- Two-time world champion snowboarder Alex Pullin dies in spearfishing accident