Update 9:08 a.m. 2/27/2020 — Escambia County, AL Sheriff Heath Jackson confirms one juvenile arrested so far for the social media threats. Investigation continues.
ESCAMBIA COUNTY, Ala. (WKRG) — The Escambia County School District is investigating threats made on social media about “students and administrators at Escambia County Middle School.”
In a Facebook post, school officials say the sheriff’s department as well as the Atmore Police Department are looking into the “threatening post.”
Deputies and police will be on site at Escambia County Middle School Thursday to “provide security and support,” and “school personnel will have additional safety measures in place.”
Anyone with information about the social media posts is asked to call the school at 251-368-9105, the sheriff’s Department at 251-867-0304 or the Atmore Police Department at 251-368-9141.
- Mobile community prays for healthcare workers at ‘Light it Up Mobile’
- Coronavirus prayer movement makes it way through Mobile
- First glimpse inside Louisiana’s makeshift hospital during coronavirus pandemic
- Prosecutor: Man charged with felonies for claiming to spread COVID-19 to shopping carts, police car
- PPD: Man served child neglect warrant, charged for resisting arrest in Pensacola