ESCAMBIA COUNTY, Fla. (WKRG) — An Escambia County, Fla., man is in jail accused of strangling his neighbor’s cat.
James Martin Jr. is charged with felony animal cruelty.
His neighbor said she walked outside to see Martin choking the cat then throwing it into a bush. The neighbor said Martin told her the cat scratched him. She thought the cat was dead because it was unresponsive, but it eventually regained consciousness and was taken to a vet’s office.
Martin is in jail on a $2,500 bond.
- Painting Laminate Countertops
- Seven students dead after balcony rail collapses during assembly
- NY governor apologizes after sexual harassment allegations; lawmakers push for investigation
- Ala. Lt. Gov. Ainsworth urges Ivey to lift state mask mandate
- OCSO: Roommates charged with possession of child pornography