ESCAMBIA COUNTY, Ala. (WKRG) – The Escambia County Sheriff’s Office along with the FBI served arrest warrants on Lakerdra Shanta Snowden, who was a corrections officer at the Escambia County Detention Center.
The arrest stems from an investigation that revealed Snowden smuggled contraband into the detention center.
She has since been terminated from her position. Snowden is being held without bond and is scheduled to appear in court on Wednesday.
- Protesters leave casket full of dirt, cow manure at North Carolina police station
- Run the GO Run and help raise money for local GYN cancer research
- Behind the scenes with Baldwin County EMA as Hurricane Sally recovery efforts continue
- Kentucky governor calls for release of Breonna Taylor evidence
- Woman says cemetery owners refuse to remove tree, told her to drive over graves