NEW ORLEANS (AP) – The wife of New Orleans Saints Quarterback Drew Brees has now apologized for comments her husband made regarding his opposition to Colin Kaepernick’s kneeling during the national anthem. Her Instagram post says “we are the problem.” Brittany Brees shared those words Saturday along with a Bible verse and two quotes from Martin Luther King, Jr. She wrote: “To say ‘I don’t agree with disrespecting the flag,’ I now understand was also saying I don’t understand what the problem really is.” Her husband has apologized several times for his original comments after he received criticism from high-profile athletes and some of his teammates.
- Austal founder says Mobile operation will produce half steel, half aluminum ships
- Turtle crashes through windshield, hits passenger in head; both OK
- Man accused of hitting hotel worker in head with horseshoe, microwaving fire extinguisher
- Former NFL star reports for coaching duty at St. Michael Catholic High in Fairhope
- Pensacola city council allows homeless to stay under I-110 for now