GULF BREEZE, Fla. (WKRG) — When a Santa Rosa Deputy pulled over a car on Sunday, they didn’t expect to find a child behind the wheel.
The deputy spotted a car swerving on Highway 98 in Gulf Breeze. When the deputy pulled the car over they found the driver was 12 years old. The child’s mother, Francisca Darla Saria, was in the passenger seat and two other minors were in the back seat. The deputy reported smelling alcohol on Saria’s breath.
43-year-old Saria was arrested and charged with permitting an unauthorized minor to drive, child neglect, expired registration, and no proof of insurance.
Saria has since bonded out of jail.
- Suspicious package cleared, passengers return to Daytona Beach International Airport
- Hidden Valley releasing ranch-filled Christmas stocking
- Florida pilot earns Guinness record for cross-country helicopter flight
- Hospital psychiatric wards now feel like prisons, some say
- Family starts GoFundMe account following shooting death at Mobile bar