(AP) — Democrat Joe Biden is now leading President Donald Trump in the battleground state of Pennsylvania.
By Friday morning, Biden overtook Trump in the number of ballots counted in the state, which Trump must win to have a shot at reelection. Biden now holds a nearly 6,000-vote advantage.
The contest is still too early for The Associated Press to call. Votes in the state are still being counted.
Trump’s lead dwindled after Election Day when state officials began processing mail-in ballots, a form of voting that has skewed heavily in Biden’s favor after Trump spent months claiming – without proof – that voting by mail would lead to widespread voter fraud.
If there is less than a half percentage point difference between Biden’s and Trump’s vote totals, state law dictates that a recount must be held.
- 16-year-old arrested after shooting, killing a man in Santa Rosa County
- 22-year-old nearly drowns in Destin after getting caught in rip current
- Atmore man facing 9 counts of attempted murder after dispute
- LIST: Great movies for your Memorial Day weekend
- Mostly clear skies tonight, Plenty of sunshine and dry weather on Sunday