DALLAS (AP) – A Dallas hair salon owner is in jail after she continued to operate her business despite shutdown orders that were in place because of the coronavirus pandemic. A judge in Dallas found Shelley Luther in contempt of court and sentenced her Tuesday to seven days behind bars. Luther says she had to reopen her Dallas salon because she wouldn’t have been able feed her kids otherwise. But Judge Eric Moye says Luther expressed no “contrition, remorse or regret” for her actions. Luther was jailed on Tuesday afternoon, around the same time Texas Gov. Greg Abbott announced salons and barbershops can reopen Friday.
- Rare Halloween Hunter’s Blue Full Moon tonight
- Ozark couple charged with human trafficking, additional child porn crimes
- Tropical Depression Twenty-Nine has formed in the Caribbean
- All meters restored by Baldwin EMC
- Jaguars win Sun Belt Men’s Cross Country Championship