FORT MORGAN, Ala. (WKRG) — The Coast Guard rescued four people from a vessel fire in Fort Morgan.
All four people were safely recovered and in stable condition when they reached the shore.
Two Coast Guard Aviation Training Center Mobile MH-65 Dolphin Helicopter aircrews were conducting training flights nearby and diverted to respond the the distress. One of the helicopters lowered a rescue swimmer and life raft, and all four people aboard the vessel abandoned ship into the raft.
- MPD: Man running away from police hit by car that left the scene
- OWA COVID-19 Tuesday clinic postponed to Wednesday
- Gas prices edge closer to $3 a gallon, hit highest level since pandemic began
- Job fair happening Tuesday in Daphne
- DeSantis: Florida teachers, police, firefighters over 50 to get COVID-19 vaccines