PRICHARD, Ala. (WKRG) — Sirens ringing and car horns honking to celebrate Miss Josephine Dortch’s 98th birthday today!
Even during the pandemic, family, friends, and the community made her day special. With a parade past her house sending love, she smiled and waved from her window. People even dropped off gifts for the birthday girl. Chief Walter Knight presented Dortch with the key to the City of Prichard.
Dortch is a mother of 15 and has 99 grandchildren.
- Get Prepared for the Season with the 2020 News 5 Hurricane Resource Guide
- Fire officials in Mobile on scene of possible on Esplanade Ave.
- VIDEO: Massive police presence on Airport at I-65
- Shots fired near Walmart and Lowe’s on Beltline in Mobile
- Second day of protests turn violent in Las Vegas, police arrest 103 people, 11 officers injured