The Facebook post reads in part, “due to public safety concerns, the City of Orange Beach has canceled its annual Fat Tuesday parade on February 16th, and the Mystics and Marshals’ night parades on Saturday, February 13th.”
The post says The Wharf has also canceled its annual parade on Monday, February 15th.
The city says, “after discussions with police, fire and our local Mardi Gras krewes, it was determined there was no way to safely hold our usual family-friendly parades. The city looks forward to letting the good times roll in 2022.”
- Now you can put Bernie Sanders anywhere, thanks to NYU student’s website
- Japan PM determined to hold Olympics, will cooperate with Tokyo and IOC
- California researchers developing wearable COVID-19 test strip
- ‘America needs to lead the way’: Democrats pleased with Biden’s first day in office, Republicans frustrated
- ‘Thankful to God’: New Orleans woman who was imprisoned at 19 receives presidential pardon