CITRONELLE, Ala. (WKRG) — UPDATE (4:23 p.m.) Citronelle Police Chief Tyler Norris has identified the officer who was fired after a fight with an inmate as Jason Meade.
Meade was hired by the Citronelle Police Department in June 2019. Norris said he previously worked for Mt. Vernon Police Department.
Citronelle Police Chief Tyler Norris confirms a Citronelle Police Officer has been fired for violating department policy.
Chief Norris says the firing stemmed from a fight the officer had with an inmate. The State Bureau of Investigation has taken over the case.
There will be a press conference at 4:00 p.m. at the Citronelle Police Department.
Check back for updates.
- Parent ‘extremely lucky’ after pole skewers car – minutes after school drop-off
- Clear tonight, severe risk tomorrow
- Cupcakes for ‘Cupcake’: Community rallies together to help search efforts
- 2019 NICU Reunion reunites premature babies and their caregivers
- Man accused of raping young girl in Okaloosa County