CITRONELLE, Ala. (WKRG) — UPDATE (4:23 p.m.) Citronelle Police Chief Tyler Norris has identified the officer who was fired after a fight with an inmate as Jason Meade.
Meade was hired by the Citronelle Police Department in June 2019. Norris said he previously worked for Mt. Vernon Police Department.
Citronelle Police Chief Tyler Norris confirms a Citronelle Police Officer has been fired for violating department policy.
Chief Norris says the firing stemmed from a fight the officer had with an inmate. The State Bureau of Investigation has taken over the case.
There will be a press conference at 4:00 p.m. at the Citronelle Police Department.
Check back for updates.
- Nursing home in Pensacola reports 7 deaths, 22 positive cases
- Pensacola Humane Society to host huge tent sale
- Fugitive UConn student suspected in 2 murders is arrested in Maryland
- Turtle smashes through Savannah driver’s windshield on highway
- North Carolina 7-year-old puts on prom for his graduating babysitter