TAIPEI, Taiwan (AP) – China is rapidly increasing the number of people receiving its experimental coronavirus vaccines, with a city offering one to the general public and a biotech company providing another free to students going abroad. The city of Jiaxing is offering a vaccine under development by Sinovac. It says high-risk groups, including people who are “responsible for the basic operations of the city,” will receive priority. The vaccine is in the final stage of clinical testing, but has not yet been approved. The city government said it is being provided under an emergency authorization. China National Biotech Group, another vaccine company, is offering its vaccine free to students who study abroad in a strategy health experts say raises safety and ethical concerns.
- ALEA issues alert for missing children last seen in Alabama
- Tropical Depression 28 strengthens into Tropical Storm Zeta
- “Everything was on fire,” witnesses describe moments after Foley plane crash
- Kids enjoy COVID-safe Halloween at Bellingrath Home and Gardens
- Charity event raises funds for project to help the homeless