PENSACOLA, Fla. (WKRG) — A Cantonment woman was arrested Monday after deputies say she took her month-old baby to the hospital with multiple arm fractures.
Chyianne Smith, 22, was charged with aggravated child abuse.
Escambia County deputies responded to Sacred Heart Hospital Monday evening to a call about possible child abuse, according to an Escambia County Sheriff’s Office arrest report.
When deputies arrived, nurses told them the baby had several fractures in both arms and a displaced shoulder, the report said. The nurses stated to deputies the injuries were indicative of someone pulling on the baby’s arms.
Another suspect, who is unnamed in the report, brought the baby to Sacred Heart with Smith. He noticed the baby’s arm were limp and she was unable to grip his fingers, according to the report. Smith told him,” maybe she slept on it wrong,” deputies said.
Smith was arrested and booked into the Escambia County jail. She is being held without bond.
- Gulf Shores Police want to identity this woman
- Online state surplus property auction set for this week
- Big Game Bound: Live at 1pm ET with Hall of Fame RB Barry Sanders
- Miami University students tested for possible coronavirus, school officials say
- Local artist without arms, legs creates intricate watercolor paintings, Valentine’s Day cards