(WFLA/CNN Newsource) – One lucky hiker who wants to take on the Appalachian Trail will get paid $20,000 to do it.
The hiker must also love beer.
Devil’s Backbone Brewing Company is accepting applications for what it calls its “Chief Hiking Officer.”
The person who lands the gig will trek the entire 2,200 mile trail from Georgia to Maine, consuming and sharing plenty of brews along the way.
The job even comes with the stipend and free travel to the trail head.
Gear is also included, but not hotel expenses.
The job is for an experienced hiker who is comfortable sleeping under the stars every night.
Devil’s Backbone estimates it will take five to seven months to complete the assignment, which starts next year.
- Alabama’s Justin Thomas takes over top spot in World Golf Rankings
- Family of child found shot, killed in Pensacola remembers her as smart, ‘goofy’
- No mass shootings in the U.S. since the pandemic started — what about once it’s over?
- Foley prepares for first year under Deric Scott
- Champagne losing its fizz as global pandemic clobbers sales