(WKRG) UPDATE (6:30 p.m.) The Lillian Bridge reopened to traffic after being closed for 13 hours.
UPDATE (11:00 a.m.) — Florida Highway Patrol has identified the three people killed in a crash on the Lillian Highway Bridge Thursday morning.
Russell Drummond and Christian Beech, both 19, were killed when the Chevy Impala crossed over the center line on the Lillian Highway Bridge and collided with a lumber truck driven by Sheldon Liddell. Liddell was also pronounced dead on the scene.
UPDATE (8:15 a.m.) — The Florida Highway Patrol clarified the accident involved a large box truck loaded with lumber and a Chevy Impala.
Both people inside of the Impala and the driver of the truck died.
UPDATE: Three people were killed in early morning crash on the Lillian Highway Bridge.
Original Article: The Lillian Bridge on Highway 98 is closed after a serious crash involving an 18-wheeler. A significant amount of fuel has spilled onto the roadway, according to Baldwin County Sheriff Hoss Mack.
Watch News 5 This Morning for traffic updates throughout the morning.
- New Missouri law guts helmet requirement for motorcyclists
- Second stimulus check? COVID-19 relief negotiations continue amid spike in cases
- 24 residents, 6 employees test positive for COVID-19 at Crowne Health Care in Citronelle
- Monroeville Police searching for murder suspect
- House Democrats press Senate to take on Heroes Act