UPDATE (9:56 AM) — Pensacola Police has provided the following statement in regards to the attempted carjacking Wednesday morning.
We do not anticipate any charges against the victim in this incident as it is a Stand Your Ground type case. The suspect who was shot is in critical condition, and he is 15 years old. The victim is 80 years old. We are still looking for the second suspect.Pensacola Police Department
PENSACOLA, Fla. (WKRG) — Officers with the Pensacola Police Department are searching for a suspect following an attempted carjacking on West Brainerd Street.
Investigators say the homeowner was in his driveway around 11pm, locking his cars for the night when two men approached him and tried to steal his car. One of the suspects pulled out a gun. The victim then pulled out his own gun and shot at the suspects.
Both men ran away. One of the victims turned up at a house on N Street with a gunshot wound. His injuries are non-life-threatening. The homeowner was not injured and it appears that the suspects never fired their guns.
- Stimulus checks: Millions sign online petitions calling for monthly payments until pandemic ends
- Video: NYPD officer grabs 4-year-old shooting victim, runs her to safety
- Iowa becomes latest state to cancel $300 federal unemployment benefit, cites labor shortage
- IRS has $1.3 billion in unclaimed tax refunds, and there’s 1 week left to claim them
- Can schools require COVID-19 vaccines for students now that Pfizer’s shot is authorized for kids 12 and up?