Deputies found Johanna Harbison outside the home bleeding from her head where her boyfriend, David Bailey had assaulted her with an AK 47 rifle.
According to the press release, Harbison told deputies that Bailey hit her in the face during a altercation inside the home. Harbison armed herself with a 9mm handgun and shot BAILEY in the chest. He was pronounced dead on the scene.
This case will go to a Grand Jury.
UPDATE: (4:00 a.m.) — A man is dead following an overnight shooting in Chunchula. According to an officer near the home, the man attacked a woman, who then defended herself. The woman sustained minor injuries, she was taken to the hospital.
CHUNCHULA, Ala. (WKRG) — Deputies are investigating a shooting in Chunchula. According to the Mobile County Sheriff’s Office Neighborhood Crime Map, the shooting was reported just before 1 a.m. on Cleborne Road.
- Stimpson: COVID, changing attitude toward police, caused violent 2021 in Mobile
- Alabama Supreme Court raises bail limit for murder to $1.5 million
- Escambia Co. Sheriff’s Office investigates 5 unsolved homicides from 2021
- Felony charges are 1st in a fatal crash involving Autopilot
- Spanish Fort Police work toward launching department’s first SWAT team