UPDATE: 9:59 AM: On Thursday, March 5, 2020 at approximately 4:42 a.m., a police officer was traveling westbound on Government Boulevard when he was struck by a second vehicle traveling northbound on Pleasant Valley Road.
The subject traveling northbound on Peasant Valley Road failed to yield the right of way and struck the patrol vehicle.
The traffic light at the intersection was flashing red for north and southbound traffic, yellow for the east and westbound traffic.
The officer and driver of the second vehicle were both transported to the hospital with non-life threatening injuries.
MOBILE, Ala. (WKRG) — Crews are working an accident involving a Mobile police officer. Witnesses at the scene say a driver ran a red light at Government and Pleasant Valley and hit the officer.
- Grab fair foods this June with Drive-in option from Greater Gulf State Fair
- Two men charged with homicide by vehicle in crash that killed Theodore H.S. senior
- Alabama Power: More than 6K Mobile County customers currently without power
- LIVE UPDATES: 50/50 chance weather will cooperate for historic crewed SpaceX launch
- Now is the time to shop with unused gift cards — before it’s too late