CRESTVIEW, Fla. (WKRG) UPDATE (4:13 p.m.): The Crestview Police Department has arrested Lovejoy Cassie Ponthieux, 38, in connection to the shooting death of Jonathan Tyler Harvard, 26, of Niceville, at the Crestview Inn.
The Crestview Police Department received a 911 call shortly after 11:00 p.m. last night, in reference to a man that was shot in room number 29 at the Crestview Inn on James Lee Boulevard in Crestview.
When officers arrived, Harvard was deceased with a single gunshot wound to the head. Police have identified Ponthieux as the shooter and charged her with murder. She was transported to the Okaloosa County jail without incident, police say.
Update (FRIDAY MORNING): The manager at the Crestview Inn says the victim had been staying at the hotel with his girlfriend for around three days. He says people have nothing to worry about, the hotel is safe to stay at. He says this is the first murder to ever happen at the hotel. He says the entire situation is shocking.
CRESTVIEW, Fla. (WKRG) — Officers with the Crestview Police Department are investigating the murder of a 26-year-old man from Niceville. The crime happened last night, just after 11 p.m. at the Crestview Inn on West James Lee Boulevard. Local officers are working with the Florida Department of Law Enforcement and the State’s Attorney’s Office. Right now, one person of interest has been questioned. The investigation is ongoing.
- Don’t come home for Easter, Mexican government tells its citizens abroad
- MCHD: 0-4 year old child tests positive for COVID-19
- University of Arkansas virtual choir’s singing of ‘Alma Mater’ goes viral
- Costco to give health care workers, first responders priority access to stores during coronavirus crisis
- LIVE NOW: Even as virus deaths mount, governments eye exit strategies