SEMMES, Ala. (WKRG) – UPDATE (11:38 p.m.): Two people died after a house fire in Semmes. One person died in the home and another died on the way to the hospital. A third person was seriously hurt. A 29-year-old man was found dead inside the home according to Semmes Fire Chief Kevin Brooks. Another person was rescued from a window, taken to University Hospital by ground ambulance but died. A third victim was severely burned, flown to University Hospital and was last listed in critical condition. Brooks says eight family members were there at the time of the fire. The cause is under investigation. Right now they couldn’t say how this happened. They got the first call for it shortly before 9 am Sunday morning.
UPDATE (10:53 a.m.): At least one person has died following a house fire in Semmes.
A Sunday morning house fire is under investigation.
The fire happened just after 9:00 Sunday morning at a home on Gaineswood Drive in Semmes. Heavy smoke and flames could be seen from the home as crews arrived on the scene.
No word on whether or not anybody was in the home at the time of the fire or was hurt in the blaze.
News Five will continue to follow this story and will bring you updates as they become available.
- Virtual Shark Week kicks off in Gulf Shores
- BCPS: Virtual school registration is closed for Baldwin County schools after being open for only 20 minutes
- Mobile Police looking for man in the Knollwood, Lloyds Lane area
- CORONAVIRUS EXPERT: Shaking anxiety during the pandemic
- Alabama lieutenant governor calls for additional presidential debate