UPDATE: ALEA says the passenger of the 2019 Kia, Jazzmon, Anderson died this afternoon at University Hospital.
Update: The ALEA said that the driver of the 2019 Kia, 23-year-old Jessica Tolbert of Peterman has also died at University Hospital in Mobile.
PETERMAN, Ala. (WKRG) – A Peterman woman is dead and three others are injured following a late Sunday night crash. First responders were on scene well into Monday morning.
The road was blocked in both directions, according to the Alabama Department of Transportation.
The crash occurred on Highway 21 at the 50.2 mile marker, five miles north of Monroeville in the unincorporated town of Peterman.
The Alabama Law Enforcement Agency said that the crash happened around 11:30 p.m. Sunday night. 26-year-old Keshia Stallworth was riding in a 2019 Kia Rio when the car collided with 2005 Chevy Tahoe that was driven by a Monroeville woman.
According to officials, Stallworth was not wearing a seatbelt. She was pronounced dead on scene.
The drivers of both vehicles involved as well as the other passenger of the Kia were all transported to Monroe County Hospital and later to University Hospital in Mobile.
ALEA troopers continue to investigate.
- Hot weekend ahead, heat advisory in place for coastal communities
- Electronics, scrap metal, tire recycling Saturday for Mobile County Commission District 2 residents
- Oakleigh Mansion reopening postponed due to COVID-19 concerns
- Federal Aid to fight housing discrimination heads to Mobile
- Cal-Maine Foods, Inc. donates nearly 300,000 eggs to Alabama food banks