WASHINGTON (AP) — Former Democratic presidential candidate Sen. Cory Booker of New Jersey has endorsed former Vice President Joe Biden. Booker announced on Twitter early Monday that Biden will “restore honor to the Oval Office and tackle our most pressing challenges.”
Booker ended his own presidential bid in January, pledging to do “everything in my power to elect the eventual Democratic nominee for president.”
Booker’s decision follows recent Biden endorsements by several failed Democratic presidential candidates, including Sen. Kamala Harris of California and former Massachusetts Gov. Deval Patrick.
- Gulf Coast beaches to reopen Friday after Hurricane Sally’s destruction
- Escambia County School District tackles tough issues through uncertainty
- Inclusive emojis: Transgender flag, male bride among new icons expected in the next iPhone operating system
- Organization seeks to help displaced tenants in Baldwin County following hurricane
- UA cancels spring break to ‘mitigate’ potential COVID-19 spread, winter break extended