DOVER AIR FORCE BASE, Del. (CNN) — A dignified transfer ceremony took place at Dover Air Force Base in Delaware for the three Navy sailors killed in Friday’s mass shooting at Naval Air Station Pensacola.
They were 19-year-old airman Mohammed Sameh Haitham of St. Petersburg, Fla., 21-year-old airman apprentice Cameron Scott Walters of Richmond Hill, Ga., and 23-year-old ensign Joshua Kaleb Watson from Enterprise, Ala.
Officials say a Saudi Arabian air force officer in flight training at the Pensacola base killed three people and injured eight others in a classroom building.
The shooter was killed.
The commanding officer of NAS Pensacola said the three sailors ran towards danger that day — saving lives.
- Samuel Adams to release $240 beer that’s 28% ABV, illegal in 15 states
- Food distribution to be held for Escambia County Residents
- New Toyota Tundra engine to be made in Alabama
- Escambia County to hold Regional Roundup
- Mobile Police investigate possible Brian Laundrie sightings around Tillman’s Corner