BAYOU LA BATRE, Ala. (WKRG) — A blood drive is happening this Saturday, Oct. 10, in honor of Kaylee Carmichael, an Alma Bryant student who was critically injured in a car accident on Aug. 29.
The blood drive is from 9:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. at Christ in Us Ministries at 14021 S. Wintzell Ave. in Bayou La Batre. LifeSouth and Alma Bryant FCCLA are sponsoring the blood drive.
According to the event flyer, for every donation made, LifeSouth will make a donation to Kaylee Carmichael. Carmichael is still hospitalized in critical care.
- Dream Team: Olympic shot put hopeful coached by wife
- The Doctor is In: Regenerative medicine as an alternative to surgery
- Newsfeed Now: At least 9 people dead after shooting at Indianapolis FedEx facility; Pfizer CEO says 3rd COVID-19 shot possible
- Officer dislocates shoulder of woman with dementia after she ‘forgets’ to pay $14 for groceries: lawsuit
- Alabama 7-year-old recovering from first brain surgery, preparing for a second