MISSISSIPPI (WKRG) — Darian Atkinson, the man accused of shooting and killing Biloxi police officer, Robert McKeithen on May 5th, was indicted by a Harrison County grand jury.
During Atkinson’s last court appearance, a detective testified that Atkinson walked right up behind officer McKeithen and fired nine shots, hitting him six times. Atkinson then went on to tell officers, once arrested, to “respect the shooter.”
Others were arrested for their involvement in the crime as well.
- Pensacola city council votes to not evict homeless under I-110, commits to help them
- Is it safe to get the COVID-19 and flu vaccine at the same time?
- Only 6 weeks out, New Orleans Film Festival sports most diverse lineup in event history
- More than 4 pounds of methamphetamine found in a traffic stop, Dothan police say
- Man wanted for questioning in fatal shooting of former Pine Forest quarterback