BALDWIN COUNTY, Ala. (WKRG) — Baldwin County Schools Superintendent Eddie Tyler says schools will continue as scheduled this week amid tropical weather concerns.
Tyler released the following statement Monday:
I hope you are staying dry on this soggy start to our week. At this time, I expect we will be in school for the remainder of the week. Marco continues to be a rain maker for our area but thankfully we won’t have to worry about that storm for too much longer. Laura is expected to enter the Gulf of Mexico as we move into Tuesday and is still forecast to head west of our area. We will continue to watch Laura, especially as the storm enters the Gulf when forecast tracks should narrow. I encourage you to do the same.
For now, we are continuing as scheduled. If anything does change, we will be in contact with you.
Thank you and be safe out there.
- Newsfeed Now: Daunte Wright laid to rest; Lawmakers propose massive student loan cancellation and free college plan
- Watch: Dog steals first place in high school relay race
- VIDEO: Dog requires urgent surgery after grooming appointment
- Digital Underground leader Shock G, of ‘Humpty Dance’ fame, dead at 57
- Caitlyn Jenner announces run for governor of California