UPDATE (9:03 p.m.): UPDATE: The Coconut Creek Police Department says Jonathan Gracia was taken into custody in Apopka. Police say the newborn is “preliminary okay” however, the child will be checked out at hospital.
According to the Coconut Creek Police Department, Garcia forcibly removed his son from his mother. Witnesses say Garcia was seen hitting and shaking the child as he was running away from the scene.
BROWARD COUNTY, Fla. (WKRG) — A Florida AMBER Alert has been issued for 2-week-old Joshua Quinteron.
The baby was last seen in the area of the 4900 block of Fisherman’s Drive in Coconut Creek. Joshua was last seen wearing a grey and blue onesie. He may be in the company of 17-year-old Jonathan Garcia, who was last seen wearing a red shirt and blue pants. Garcia has a feather and arrow tattoo on his right forearm and red lips on the left side of his neck.
The two may have been seen in a silver SUV driven by an older Hispanic male in the Oakland Park area.
- Traffic Alert: Crash involving overturned vehicle blocking all westbound lanes on I-10 Bayway
- Mobile Fire-Rescue puts out fire at home on Navco Road
- Jimmy Buffett inducted into the Mississippi Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Thyroid medications recalled across US, at least 4 people reported problems
- Zendaya becomes youngest lead drama actress to win Emmy