MOBILE, Ala. (WKRG) — To help unattached Americans improve their chances of finding love, WalletHub compared the 50 states across 29 key indicators of dating-friendliness, and found that Alabama is 2020’s 9th Worst State for Singles.
In order to identify the best and worst states for singles, WalletHub compared the 50 states across three key dimensions: 1) Dating Economics, 2) Dating Opportunities and 3) Romance & Fun. Researchers evaluated those dimensions using 29 relevant metrics, which were each graded on a 100-point scale, with 100 representing the most favorable conditions for singles who are actively dating. They then determined each state’s weighted average across all metrics to calculate its overall score and used the resulting scores to rank-order their sample.
The worst state for singles according to this study is West Virginia. The best state for singles is Florida.
Dating in Alabama (1=Best; 25=Avg.):
- 18th – % of Single Adults
- 20th – Gender Balance of Singles
- 45th – Online-Dating Opportunities
- 47th – Mobile-Dating Opportunities
- 38th – Median Annual Household Income (Adjusted for Cost of Living)
- 31st – Restaurants per Capita
- 41st – Movie Theaters per Capita
- 44th – Crime Rate
Read the full report here.
- FNFF Player of the Week – Josh Neutze
- Vigor HS Principal ‘Fed up’ with Prichard Stadium
- MCSO searching for missing 4-year-old girl in Mobile
- President Trump sets date to announce SCOTUS pick as GOP locks in votes needed to confirm nominee
- “42 years worth of furniture in the front yard,” families along Styx River experience debilitating flood damage