TUSCALOOSA, Ala. (WKRG) — The University of Alabama has issued a statement following the NCAA’s decision to keep fans out of the stands during the March Madness tournament. The athletics department is restricting attendance for sporting events on the Tuscaloosa campus until March 30th. The SEC will use hospital-grade disinfectant to sanitize locker rooms before teams arrive and when they leave. Sanitizing materials will also be available in the arena.
“The health and well-being of our student-athletes, coaches, staff and fans is of the utmost importance.”Alabama Director of Athletics Greg Byrne
- Clarke County resident collecting donations for those impacted by Hurricane Zeta
- Alabama man falls to his death in Great Smoky Mountains
- LIVE: Giuliani joins Pennsylvania GOP meeting on alleged election issues
- Smiles Behind the Shield: Joshua Gibbs to the rescue during Hurricane Zeta
- Santa says 2020 Pensacola Winterfest will bring Christmas joy this year