LONDON (AP) – Scottish actor Sean Connery, considered by many to have been the best James Bond, has died, aged 90. Bond producers EON Productions confirmed his death, first reported by the BBC. Producers Michael G. Wilson and Barbara Broccoli said they were “devastated by the news.” In a varied career, Connery played James Bond seven times, starting with “Dr. No” in 1962. His portrayal defined the suave secret agent for a generation of fans. He also had major roles in films including “Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade,” “Highlander” and “The Hunt for Red October.” Scottish First Minister Nicola Sturgeon said she was “heartbroken” at the news.
(Copyright 2020 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed without permission.)
- Mobile Mask: Saraland’s Krewe of Sparta proposes ‘inside-out’ parade
- WATCH: Biologists remove rope and rebar from antlers of buck
- Pharaohs Mystic Society cancels 2021 Mardi Gras parade and ball
- Manager tells customer over mask controversy: ‘You are not the mask police’
- Trooper buys car seat for woman’s son after giving her 3 tickets