LONDON (AP) – Johnny Depp has appeared in a London court, denying claims that he hit ex-wife Amber Heard and accusing her of assaulting him and depicting him as a “monster.” Depp is suing tabloid newspaper The Sun for libel over an article that branded him a “wife beater.” Depp strongly denies the claim. Depp said Tuesday that Heard had depicted him as “this horrible monster … which was not the case.” The Sun’s defense relies on Heard’s allegations of 14 incidents of violence by Depp between 2013 and 2016, in locations including Los Angeles, Australia, Japan, the Bahamas and on a private jet. He denies them all. Heard is also expected to give evidence during the three-week trial.
- MCSO searching for missing adult
- Sen. Doug Jones responds to President Trump’s executive orders
- South Alabama’s quarterbacks grateful for chance to compete this fall
- Emmanuel Sanders eyeing another Super Bowl victory
- Back to School giveaway honoring coach “Mack” McCall