UPDATE (5:32 p.m.) — News 5 has learned the man who admitted to the thefts is the City of Fairhope’s construction inspector.
The mayor confirms Cody Johnson has been fired. The police department is in the process of returning all of the stolen items.
FAIRHOPE, Ala. (WKRG) – PRESS RELEASE:
Cody Johnson, 27, of Robertsdale was arrested Monday, October 28th on nine theft charges.
Johnson has been charged with three felonies and six misdemeanors for stealing equipment from nine residential construction sites throughout the Fairhope Police jurisdiction.
Nearly $6,000 in stolen tools have been recovered and are in the process of being returned to each owner.
“The use of wireless surveillance cameras by property owners has once again proven to be beneficial,” stated Lieutenant Shane Nolte, “We were able to share high-quality video with our officers and within days the subject was spotted by our Patrol Division.”
- Perdido Vineyards the first winery to open in Alabama since prohibition
- A humid night ahead, Rain chances rising for the middle of the week
- Family of woman allegedly shot by her boyfriend speak out
- TRACKING THE TROPICS: Tropical Development Unlikely with System over Florida
- Federal benefits for veterans, family members, and widows