ORLANDO, Fla. (AP) – Six new cruise ships will be calling Florida home in 2020.
The Orlando Sentinel reports that the largest ship ever built for Carnival Cruise Line will have its debut at Port Canaveral. The Mardi Gras will have the first-ever roller coaster at sea, and it will be the first cruise ship in North America to run on liquefied natural gas, a cleaner-burning fuel.
Richard Branson’s Virgin Voyages line will begin sailing ships from Miami in March with the debut of the adults-only Scarlet Lady.
Port Everglades will become home to Royal Caribbean’s Odyssey of the Seas.
Florida also will see the debut of the new Regent Seven Seas Splendor, Celebrity Apex and Enchanted Princess ships.
- How much rain fell April 14 through April 18?
- Texas man arrested for kidnapping, trafficking, assaulting a child after police rescue 13-year-old from Alabama
- ECSO asking for help finding 14-year-old runaway
- 29-year-old Alabama biker dies after hitting tree
- Man murders girlfriend and shoots 4-year-old, kills self after police pursuit