TOKYO (AP) – Japan’s health ministry says 39 new cases of a virus have been confirmed on the cruise ship that is quarantined at a Japanese port. The update brings the total found on the Diamond Princess to 174 cases. Another new infection was confirmed in a official who participated in the initial quarantine checks the night the ship returned to Yokohama Port near Tokyo on Feb. 3. Japanese health officials began medical checks on all of the ship’s 3,700 passengers and crew after one previous passenger tested positive for the new virus. The new cases bring Japan’s total to 203 people with the the new disease, COVID-19.
- LIVE: Trump to speak at CPAC in first post-White House appearance
- Greater Huntsville Humane Society adding sanctuary for cats with leukemia and immunodeficiency
- Pet hospice services help manage pain, anxiety and tough decisions in final days
- Why you should stop waiting to sell your home
- What happens when a plumber leaves the sprinkler on for the coldest two weeks of the winter? He calls it art