BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (WIAT) — A 2-year-old child is currently in the hospital after being shot Saturday afternoon.
Shortly after 2 p.m., officers were called to the 1500 block of Arthur Shores Drive where they found a child with a gunshot wound, according to Birmingham Police Sgt. Rod Mauldin.
Mauldin confirmed to CBS 42 that the child was taken to Children’s Hospital with injuries that were not life-threatening.
No further information was provided regarding the circumstances surrounding the shooting.
- More than half of American adults have experienced a loss of income because of COVID-19
- DA seeking Trump’s taxes cites reports of ‘protracted criminal conduct’ at Trump Organization
- Pres. Trump to hold Monday briefing
- Decatur Police ask for help identifying body found at Wheeler Wildlife Refuge
- WATCH LIVE: Tropical Storm Isaias to become a hurricane before landfall in the Carolinas, hurricane warnings issued