TUSCALOOSA, Ala. (WIAT) — Two construction workers were transported to DCH Medical Center in Tuscaloosa after a construction accident Saturday evening.
Around 5 p.m., Tuscaloosa Fire Rescue responded to a construction accident at Bryant Denny Stadium. Engine 2, Truck 32, Rescue 27 and Battalion 2 all responded to the scene, Tuscaloosa Fire Rescue reports.
During the accident, two 40-foot beams fell striking a man lift operated by two workers. Tuscaloosa Fire Rescue assisted in the extrication of both victims that were trapped and both were transported to DCH Tuscaloosa, authorities say.
The two construction workers are in serious condition.
This is a developing story. Check back for more updates.
- With new California border crossing in the works, connecting highway also takes shape
- ‘Absurd’: $1B earmarked for PPE spent on body armor, jet parts
- Tree guys are staying busy days after Sally
- Woman crushed to death by heavy machinery on California beach
- Investigation reveals how Trump campaign used Facebook to deter voters in 2016 campaign