TUSCALOOSA, Ala. (WIAT) — Two construction workers were transported to DCH Medical Center in Tuscaloosa after a construction accident Saturday evening.
Around 5 p.m., Tuscaloosa Fire Rescue responded to a construction accident at Bryant Denny Stadium. Engine 2, Truck 32, Rescue 27 and Battalion 2 all responded to the scene, Tuscaloosa Fire Rescue reports.
During the accident, two 40-foot beams fell striking a man lift operated by two workers. Tuscaloosa Fire Rescue assisted in the extrication of both victims that were trapped and both were transported to DCH Tuscaloosa, authorities say.
The two construction workers are in serious condition.
This is a developing story. Check back for more updates.
- Alabama State Veterans Home Employee Test Positive for COVID-19 Virus
- Thomasville Mayor: 25% of city without power as storms knock down trees and power lines
- George County, MS sheriff asks people to avoid certain areas after storms
- Amazon fires warehouse worker who led walkout over coronavirus
- Photos: Viewer says Lucedale home was destroyed by tornado