The Mississippi Department of Marine Resources says an 11-year old from Gautier is now the proud holder of three state fishing records!
BILOXI, Miss. – The state Commission on Marine Resources certified three youth division state fishing records at today’s monthly meeting.
Blake Bosarge, 11, of Gautier set the state records using conventional tackle for Knobbed Porgy (Calamus nodosus) with a fish weighing 1 pound, 4.8 ounces; a Spanish Flag (Gonioplectrus hispanus) with a fish weighing 10.98 ounces; Vermilion Snapper (Rhomboplites aurorubens) with a fish weighing 2 pounds, 9 ounces.
The Mississippi Department of Marine Resources is dedicated to enhancing, protecting and conserving marine interests of the state by managing all marine life, public trust wetlands, adjacent uplands and waterfront areas to provide for the optimal commercial, recreational, educational and economic uses of these resources consistent with environmental concerns and social changes. Visit the DMR online at dmr.ms.gov
- Kansas paper owner apologizes for tying mask rule, Holocaust
- Lego launches posters you can build
- 74-year-old woman killed by Fourth of July ‘celebratory gunfire,’ NC police say
- Big Boy restaurant chain changes mascot
- Frederick Douglass statue vandalized in New York park