UPDATE (11/30 4:49 PM) — The man shot and killed outside of Platinum has been identified as Keavian Montrezz Sanders. The person who was injured still has not been identified and police are still working on making an arrest.
PENSACOLA, Fla. (WKRG) — One man is dead and another person is injured after an overnight shooting in Pensacola.
The Pensacola Police Department says the shooting happened at The Platinum Club at 2369 N. Palafox Street.
PPD says one man was pronounced dead at a local hospital and another shooting victim showed up to Sacred Heart Hospital with injuries sustained in the incident.
A separate fatal shooting happened near the Platinum Night Club May 27, 2019, when 20-year-old Elizabeth Harris was murdered.
Owner of the club Greg Moye told WKRG News 5 he knows the shootings and violence has to stop.
“I’m feeling pretty bad about it because we try to keep down the foolishness,” Moye said.
He said he’s going to take extra precautions to help curb the violence.
“I just don’t understand it. Younger people nowadays — they don’t do like old schoolers. We would have a fist fight, make up tomorrow and have a drink,” Moye said. “But, these younger people, everybody wants to grab a gun when they have a confrontation with one another … I’m thinking about barricading the entire parking lot and actually charging a fee so we can put more security out here to patrol the area.”
As of Friday evening, police are still looking for the suspect or suspects involved in the Friday morning shooting.
- Border Patrol agents ready to rescue migrants stranded in the snow and other harsh elements
- Former Super Bowl Champs settle Saints Jameis vs. Taysom debate
- Pregnant women should not take Moderna vaccine, WHO advises
- Winner of ‘Worst Cooks in America’ arrested in death of adopted 3-year-old daughter
- MPD: Traffic stop turns deadly after man armed with knife runs from police