MOBILE, Ala. (WKRG) — There is a new breakthrough in cancer treatment, using bispecific antibodies. This treatment is being called the ‘the next big thing’ for people with blood cancers.
Dr. Nicole Angel, oncologist from Southern Cancer Center, joined WKRG on The Doctor is In to discuss bispecific antibodies.
Dr. Angel answered the following questions in the video above:
- Explain what bispecific antibodies are.
- How does this treatment work?
- What does it target?
- What types of cancer is this treatment being used for?
- What results are we seeing in patients?
- What are the side effects?
- Is this treatment available right now?