ORLANDO, Fla. (WFLA) — A theme park worker has died after falling 200 feet from the Orlando Starflyer attraction on Monday, according to the Orange County Sheriff’s Office.
The 21-year-old man was performing a safety check when he fell to his death shortly before 8 a.m., authorities said on Monday.
Fire officials said the man fell 200 feet and struck a platform below the attraction. He was taken to a local hospital where he was later pronounced dead.
The Orange County Sheriff’s Office is conducting a death investigation, according to WESH.
The 450-foot attraction opened in 2018.
No other details were available.
- Gov. Ivey urging school systems to return for in-person learning
- ‘Very dark couple of weeks’: Morgues and hospitals overflow
- If you traveled for Thanksgiving, ‘assume you were exposed,’ Birx says
- Biden considering Mobile native for defense secretary
- Niceville High School temporarily evacuated after fire in girls’ bathroom