BAYOU LA BATRE, AL – Two disused riverboat casinos docked in Bayou La Batre, Alabama, broke free this morning as Hurricane Sally inched toward land.
The two boats were captured floating away by MJ Bosarge as water rose in front of his vehicle.
“Ooh, it’s crushing the dock,” Bosarge says as the ship careens downstream.
The second ship can be seen closer to shore, but Bosarge says it was also loose on the waterway.
The Argosy Casino docked in the Ohio river near the Kentucky and Ohio border while still in use. The two boats have been docked in Bayou La Batre waiting to be repaired or scrapped for several years.
- Pensacola City Council votes no on repealing mask mandate
- Mobile City Council to consider raising councilmember, mayor salaries for first time in 24 years
- President Trump unveils health care plan, signs order protecting preexisting conditions
- Uptick in human trafficking via tractor-trailers, South Texas border authorities say
- Migrant women react to allegations of unwanted hysterectomies from ICE detention center