DECATUR, Ala. (WKRG) — An Alabama native is now in charge of one of the eleven unified combatant commands in the United States Department of Defense.
Navy Vice Adm. Charles Richard from Decatur serves as the senior commander of unified military forces from all four branches of the military assigned to the command.
In a release sent by the University of Alabama, Richard will be stationed at Offutt Air Force
The U.S. Strategic
- ALEA issues alert for missing children last seen in Alabama
- Tropical Depression 28 strengthens into Tropical Storm Zeta
- “Everything was on fire,” witnesses describe moments after Foley plane crash
- Kids enjoy COVID-safe Halloween at Bellingrath Home and Gardens
- Charity event raises funds for project to help the homeless