JACKSON, Miss. (WKRG) — Governor-elect and former Lieutenant Governor Tate Reeves will take the oath of office Tuesday to become Mississippi’s new governor.
Reeves will replace outgoing Governor Phil Bryant after defeating former Attorney General Jim Hood in the general election.
Reeves served as the state’s Lieutenant Governor for eight years and also served as State Treasurer.
He will take the oath of office at the State Capitol Building at 10:30 a.m.
After that, there will be a parade through Downtown Jackson, starting at 2 p.m., followed by the Inaugural Ball at 7 p.m.
- DPD: Missing and endangered elderly Daphne man
- US lawmakers look into threat assessment from Jan. 6 attack
- Top Stories May 10: The world’s happiest dog, NFL player spends 10 months working in healthcare
- Medical Moment: Children and COVID-19 vaccine
- BIG DAWG US Air Force Vessel dropped into Gulf as artificial reef