BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (WIAT) – Once Black Friday shopping is over at those big, national retailers, it’s time to take your business back into the community.
Gov. Kay Ivey has declared Saturday as Small Business Saturday here in Alabama. The day celebrates the impact small businesses have on the communities they are in and the state’s economy.
Small Business Saturday is always held the day after Black Friday. It’s a day to shop small and support a business in your neighborhood that employs friends and family.
This is the 10th year Alabama has marked Small Business Saturday.
- TRACKING THE TROPICS: Beta crawling toward Texas, Louisiana coast
- FEMA assistance registration available for those impacted by Sally
- Four people dead in morning plane crash in Texas
- Road to Recovery: Escambia County holds Hurricane Sally press conference
- Tarps now available until 7 p.m at Emergency Management on Spikes Way in Milton