UPDATE – Oct. 13, 2019 – 1:30 P.M. – After further investigation, police have updated the description of the suspects involved.
Birmingham police are searching for a black man and white woman driving an older model 2001-06 dark-colored Toyota Sequoia with beige trim.
BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (AP) – Authorities say a 3-year-old girl has been kidnapped from a birthday party in Alabama.
Police issued an Amber Alert late Saturday after someone in a dark SUV grabbed Kamille McKinney while she was outside with friends about 8:30 p.m. and drove away.
The alert says Kamille, whose family calls her “Cupcake,” is 3-feet (91-centimeres) tall and weighs 60 pounds. She was wearing a pink Minnie Mouse T-shirt and had yellow, white and blue bows in her hair.
Birmingham Deputy Chief Scott Praytor told Al.com that investigators are asking any homes or businesses in the Avondale area near the Tom Brown Village public housing complex to share surveillance camera footage with police.
Praytor says there is no indication the kidnapping is an issue over child custody.
- “42 years worth of furniture in the front yard,” families along Styx River experience debilitating flood damage
- Murphy Panthers collecting Sally Relief supplies at game Friday
- Clouds lingering tonight, Better chance of storms in the days ahead
- Body found near where kayaker was last seen in Escambia County, Florida
- Pensacola Beach cleanup continues a week after Hurricane Sally