BOYNTON BEACH, Fla. (AP) – Police say a 23-year-old Florida woman neglected her dogs and then threw them in a trash bin when she found them dead.
Devonna Hinds was arrested Wednesday and charged with animal cruelty and improperly disposing of the dogs’ bodies.
A cleaning crew found the bodies in November and called police. Microchips linked them to Hinds.
She told investigators the dogs were dead when returned from vacation Nov. 22. A veterinarian concluded the dogs had been neglected for a long period of time.
A Boynton Beach animal cruelty investigator called it one of the most disturbing cases she’s worked on.
- LIVE: Giuliani joins Pennsylvania GOP meeting on alleged election issues
- Smiles Behind the Shield: Joshua Gibbs to the rescue during Hurricane Zeta
- Santa says 2020 Pensacola Winterfest will bring Christmas joy this year
- Eagle Scout project gives back to Mobile County first responders serving on the front lines amid COVID-19 pandemic
- Why do we eat this? Origin stories behind 3 notorious Thanksgiving sides