BOYNTON BEACH, Fla. (AP) – Police say a 23-year-old Florida woman neglected her dogs and then threw them in a trash bin when she found them dead.
Devonna Hinds was arrested Wednesday and charged with animal cruelty and improperly disposing of the dogs’ bodies.
A cleaning crew found the bodies in November and called police. Microchips linked them to Hinds.
She told investigators the dogs were dead when returned from vacation Nov. 22. A veterinarian concluded the dogs had been neglected for a long period of time.
A Boynton Beach animal cruelty investigator called it one of the most disturbing cases she’s worked on.
- BIKER DAD: Mobile business making the perfect custom patch for ‘essential workers’
- WATCH LIVE: White House holds coronavirus task force briefing
- Coronavirus didn’t bust the birthday spirit of 100-year-old WWII Vet
- The Wharf wants you to ‘Show Your Sunshine’
- Nonprofits feel the effects of the pandemic