BOYNTON BEACH, Fla. (AP) – Police say a 23-year-old Florida woman neglected her dogs and then threw them in a trash bin when she found them dead.
Devonna Hinds was arrested Wednesday and charged with animal cruelty and improperly disposing of the dogs’ bodies.
A cleaning crew found the bodies in November and called police. Microchips linked them to Hinds.
She told investigators the dogs were dead when returned from vacation Nov. 22. A veterinarian concluded the dogs had been neglected for a long period of time.
A Boynton Beach animal cruelty investigator called it one of the most disturbing cases she’s worked on.
- Woman believes cold case suspect abducted her in 1989
- 2 people arrested and charged in connection with the disappearance of 15-month-old from Tennessee
- Huntsville-area parents indicted in starvation death of 3-year-old boy
- ALGO: Vehicle fire on I-65 near Airport Blvd.
- Case of missing children tied to doomsday beliefs, 3 deaths