JACKSON COUNTY, Miss. (WKRG) — A man was struck and killed on I-10 near Franklin Creek Saturday morning, and police are searching for the driver.
At about 6: a.m., The Mississippi Highway Patrol investigated the fatal crash that happened on Interstate 10 eastbound near exit 75, Franklin Creek, in Jackson County, claiming the life of one man.
The pedestrian was pronounced dead on scene from injuries sustained in the crash. The driver left the scene in what is believed to be a 2007-2018 Jeep Wrangler that is missing the front passenger fender flare. The Jeep was last seen traveling east on Interstate 10 near the MS/AL line.
The crash is still under investigation. If you have any information about this incident, you can contact Mississippi Highway Patrol at 228-396-7401 or your local law enforcement office.
- Trooper-shooting suspect killed in NY shootout with US marshals
- Texas high school football player attacks referee
- Biden says Trump should attend inauguration to demonstrate commitment to peaceful transfer of power
- 12-year-old boy accepted to Georgia Tech; hopes to become aerospace engineer
- Americans couldn’t resist Thanksgiving travel, data shows