NEW ORLEANS (WGNO) – Mayor LaToya Cantrell says she can’t rule out the possibility of canceling next year’s Mardi Gras.
In an interview with the Washington Post, Cantrell blasted critics who blamed this year’s Mardi Gras for the outbreaks in New Orleans and other places around the country.
“It would give me great pause to say that we are moving forward with Mardi Gras 2021,” Cantrell said. “We will let the data dictate the dates.”
- US Senators to schedule an emergency hearing on police reform
- Why has the rain not improved our drought?
- As Trump signs religious freedom order, photo ops criticized
- In wake of violent protests, lawmakers call for change
- MCHD testing healthcare facility employees for COVID-19