MURFREESBORO, Tenn. (AP) — A Murfreesboro attorney is giving away free divorce representation to one client for Valentine’s Day.
W. Scott Kimberly said in a news release on the giveaway that for many people Valentine’s Day is “another reminder that they remain trapped in a relationship that they cannot leave because of financial problems, because of a spouse who refuses to agree to a divorce, or for some other reason.”
This is reportedly the third year the Murfreesboro divorce attorney will give away his services. Last year, Kimberly selected two winners, saying he had a hard time narrowing down the entries.
Applicants are asked to share the story of why they want a divorce. Applications are accepted through Valentine’s Day with a winner selected on Feb. 17.
Although Kimberly won’t charge for his services, the winner will be responsible for court costs and filing fees.
“This giveaway is a chance to help someone move on with their life,” Kimberly said.
- USA Health still awaiting state’s approval of proposed surgery center in Fairhope
- MPD allowing drop-offs for in-person absentee voting
- Mexico, U.S. reach last-minute deal on water debt payment
- Cooking with John: Autumn Beef and Cider Stew
- No. 2 Alabama looks to keep rolling vs struggling Tennessee