MONROE COUNTY, Ala. (WKRG) — Steven Curtis Stabler was arrested and charged with the murder of Shane Powell on Friday. Nov. 27.
Monroe County Sheriff Tom Boatwright says Stabler forced his way into a residence in the Franklin community and fatally shot Powell on the night of Nov. 26.
Sheriff Boatwright said Stabler’s bond was set Friday at $750,000, but a bond revocation will be sought because Stabler was out on bond for an arrest dating back to February 2020, for when Stabler shot his son.
- ‘Tiger King’ legal team expects Trump pardon; planning ‘hair, makeup, wardrobe’ and limo for his release
- 3 family members who share birthday are celebrating apart this year during pandemic
- Suspect in 2016 double homicide in Mobile County pleads guilty
- McConnell said Trump ‘fed lies’ to mob about Biden election
- Trump to depart DC for Florida ahead of Biden’s inauguration